Phuket is a golfer’s paradise. There are five major golf courses on Phuket and there is another at Thai Muang only fifteen minutes drive from Sarasin Bridge. Morning and afternoon tee times are the most popular to avoid the hottest time of day. Caddy services (usually young women) are cheap and most courses rent golf carts.
Green fees are higher than other courses in Thailand but still competitive in comparison with similar courses in western countries. The courses in Phuket are all well-manicured championship standard. If Phuket is missing anything for golf it is a cheap municipal course for your average high-handicapper to have a hack around.
- Blue Canyon Country Club
- The premier course on the island it has hosted several major tournaments including the Johnny Walker Classic. Two 18-hole courses – The Canyon course is probably the most challenging on the island.
- Mission Hills Golf Club
- The only one of Phuket’s courses that is directly on the coast. A beautifully sculptured 18-hole course and a floodlit 9-hole course. Stunning views across Phang Nga Bay and plenty of water in play.
- Laguna Golf Club Phuket
- Part of the Laguna complex at Bang Tao beach. A challenging 18-hole course with lots of water.
- Loch Palm Golf Course
- An 18-hole course built around a large lake and surrounded by hills. Probably the easiest course on the island but still a good challenge.
- Phuket Country Club
- An 18-hole course and a 9-hole course. The 18-hole course is an undulating and challenging traverse around cliffs and lakes. The 9-hole course is possibly the toughest 9 holes on the island with lots of water in play.
- Thai Muang Golf Club
- A links style golf course on the Thai mainland only 15 minutes drive from Sarasin Bridge.